Applications are due November 1, 2019.
We will notify the recipient of the scholarship by November 15, 2019. See below for submission guidelines.
Selection and Eligibility Criteria
The following requirements must be met in order for you to qualify for the scholarship:
- You must be an undergraduate student
- You must be pursuing one of the following degrees:
- Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology. Biochemistry
- Biology. Biology/Biological Sciences
- Biomathematics, Bioinformatics, and Computational Biology. Bioinformatics
- You must be about to enter your junior year
- A minimum 3.5 GPA
- Selection will be based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and essay. Financial need will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Must be a resident in the greater Houston area
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next semester.
The Carbon-60 Scholarship recipient will be notified by December 15, 2019. The recipient will be invited to the SES Research Inc office, where they will be awarded a check to be mailed directly to the essay winner’s home.
Students must write an essay about an experience where they had to think outside of the box to overcome an obstacle. The essay must be a minimum of 500 words or more.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, please submit the form below by November 1, 2019, to let us know you will be participating.
Your essay must be completed and received by November 1, 2018. Along with your essay, please include your academic history, information on your extracurricular activities, and information on your school of choice (including proof of admittance).